Therapy for Anxiety
Experiencing anxiety is incredibly exhausting leaving you with little energy to engage fully in your life. You are likely working very hard to get rid of anxiety and may have tried:
- Therapy (but anxiety is still controlling your life)
- Talking to friends or family
- Reading self-help books
- Meditating or relaxation techniques
- Or even trying not to think about anxiety
No one can call you lazy or say you have not tried. Counterintuitive as it may seem, our mind’s attempts to resist, control, analyze, problem solve, distract, and avoid anxiety actually serve to maintain anxiety. However, there may be a different way.
At Thought Partners, we are anxiety specialists who use evidence-based approaches, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), for treating anxiety.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms of the problem. We invite you to keep reading to see if our anxiety therapy in Marin and San Francisco, CA may be just what you are looking for.
Do you find yourself saying “yes” to any of the following?
- Have you withdrawn from important life-enhancing activities and relationships? Do you engage in avoidance due to your anxiety?
- Do you distract yourself or try not to worry, only to find that your mind continues to spiral?
- Does your mind dwell on the past or fantasize about the future, robbing you of the present moment?
- Do you get stuck analyzing every decision and interaction you have?
- Do you have a feeling that something terrible will happen or are you always waiting for the other shoe to drop?
- Are you worried your life is not what you want it to be, so you find yourself stuck in your head analyzing or problem solving, which takes you further away from the life you want?
- Does your mind focus on worst-case scenarios? Do you tell yourself if you just plan for the worst, you will be prepared, which will lessen your inevitable pain?
- Do you struggle with fear of failure at work or in your relationships, and sometimes self-sabotage?
- Do you procrastinate because you need to make the right choice even though “knowing” is an impossibility?
- Do you find yourself “people pleasing,” or always doing for others, as your worth feels tied to helping others versus caring for yourself?
- Do you fear rejection or notice you take things personally?
- Do you get stuck in your head replaying social interactions or conversations?
- Are you stuck in a “vicious” cycle of anxiety that leaves you more exhausted day after day?
- Do you feel that anxiety has taken over your life and you are no longer in the driver’s seat?
If you answered “yes,” to any of the above, therapy for anxiety may be the right fit for you.
Anxiety Therapy in Marin and San Francisco, CA
In therapy, we help you begin to notice patterns that keep you stuck, such as worry and rumination, gently disrupt these cycles and help you start engaging in behaviors that bring you closer to the life you want. Sometimes, we get stuck over-thinking, and assume we can “think” our way out of a problem, when this really only increases our suffering. Our therapy helps you shift from being stuck in your head to living your life.
We believe that pain and suffering are two separate states of being: pain is the inevitable experience of being human and suffering is our response to the pain, which is optional. In therapy, we help you learn to acknowledge the pain, process the emotions, and then learn new ways to transform suffering to live a rich and meaningful life.
We treat anxiety using evidenced-based practices that help to tear down the cycle of avoidance that feeds anxiety and panic, with massive doses of compassion and humor along the way. Treating anxiety is our specialty and passion.
What will you gain from therapy for anxiety?
- Increased awareness of how anxiety shows up in your body while learning to lean into these sensations, rather than avoiding in order to break the cycle of anxiety
- Connect to the present moment versus getting pulled into rumination about the past that cannot be changed, or worry about the future that has not yet happened
- Increased understanding and awareness of your unique life circumstances that have contributed to anxiety
- Skills to manage and transform anxiety to live your life right now
- Learn the process of acceptance of all human emotions to increase your ability to experience joy
- Shift your perspective to an expansive mindset versus the constricted confinement of anxiety
- Increased psychological flexibility and the ability to bounce back in the face of challenges
- Explore and clarify what matters most to you and what kind of life you want to live
- Take actionable steps towards the life you want in a supportive and nurturing environment
Is it your time?
Are you ready to break free from the constraints of anxiety and start living your life?
Do you want to learn how to “ride the waves” of anxiety and enjoy a meaningful life?
Is it time to reclaim the driver’s seat of your life and tell anxiety to take a backseat?
Do you want to start engaging in meaningful life experiences in the here and now?
If this sounds like you, it may be time to try therapy with our team of compassionate and effective anxiety therapists in Marin and San Francisco, CA. As the great Maya Angelou once said, “Hope and fear cannot occupy the same space. Invite one to stay.” We welcome you to contact us today for a free consultation and start inviting hope.